Legal / T&C
UK Terms of Service
- If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms of Service then you may not use our website.
- Nature of our website
- Our website provides opportunities to make tax-efficient charitable donations online to support charitable projects around the world (‘Services’). Our website describes the Services in more detail. The website provides information about World Food Aid, and the projects and organisations which are featured on this site.
- Please note that our website is available only to individuals that can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Although the general information on our website is suitable for users of any age, you must be over 18 years to use the Services and the payment methods displayed on our website.
- Using the Services on our website
- To use our Services you will need to follow the procedures set out on the Website.
- Details of the procedures for payment and how we will process your donations are displayed on our website.
- Any times or dates stated in relation to our Services are estimates only. We will make all reasonable efforts to provide Services within the time specified, but we do not accept liability for any failure to deliver within that time.
- You may pay by credit or debit card, by using PayPal, your Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) account, by cheque, or bank transfer.
- We try to ensure that the information on our website about projects, their funding goals and the amounts which they have received to date is accurate, but sometimes there may be a delay in updating this information, or funding goals for a project may change. On rare occasions, a project may become ineligible for funding from World Food Aid after we have received a donation from you but before we have transmitted the funds to your chosen project and we will not be able to process the donation in accordance with your original choice on using our website. If this happens we may contact you to ask your preference for which project to reallocate your funds to. If we are unable to obtain instructions from you about how to process your donation within a reasonable period of time, we reserve the right to distribute your donation to other projects in our absolute discretion.
- We are entitled to refuse to process any donation placed by you. If your donation is accepted, we will confirm acceptance to you by emailing the email address you give us when you register on our website. The donation will then be processed by the date set out in the confirmation email.
- You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of using the Services offered on our website will be correct, that the credit or debit card, or any electronic cash, which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover any donation you make. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details or verification of the authenticity and ownership of these payment methods before taking any other steps to process your donation.
- World Food Aid follows the UK Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice (www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code). If any funds donated through World Food Aid.org are raised offline in the UK, the fundraiser will ensure that they follow best practice outline in the Code.
- Gift Aid and Refunds
- If you make a donation in GBP, your donations are made to World Food Aid UK (registered charity in England and Wales no 1122823) in their entirety for us to distribute to your chosen projects (subject to our rights set out in clause 3.6 above to distribute donations to other projects in our absolute discretion if we cannot obtain instructions from you).
- Once we have sent you the email confirming your donation, it is not possible for donations to be refunded.
- We do not provide accounting, tax or financial advice and you should not rely on any information given on our website to determine the accounting, tax or financial consequences of making a donation using our Services.
- A UK-taxed donor is eligible to request to claim Gift Aid on a GBP donation made through World Food Aid.org. In order for a donation to be classified as Gift Aid, the UK-taxed donor is required to have (i) paid the same amount or more in UK Income Tax or UK Capital Gains Tax in that tax year, as the amount of the Gift Aid claimed, and (ii) made a Gift Aid declaration that gives World Food Aid UK permission to claim such Gift Aid. You will be asked to make this declaration and provide personal details in order that we can make such Gift Aid claims.
- We reserve the right to recover from you any funds we are required to repay to HM Revenue and Customs for any reason in connection with Gift Aid claimed on your donations, including any infringement of applicable rules relating to Gift Aid. More information about Gift Aid is available from HM Revenue and Customs.